Almond Ricotta Cookies
Almond Ricotta Cookies.
For 3 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup butter (one stick), softened
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- green and white cherries cut in half (optional)
For the Icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- colored nonpareils (optional)
Celebrate Buon Natale
Find this sweatshirt
in La Bottega!
Today only: 12-15-19
Use Code: Christmas15 and Save 15%
on all Christmas Apparel!!!
- For the Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor add the almonds and process until finely ground. About 1 minute. Set aside.
- In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat sugar and butter until blended.
- Increase speed to high; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- At medium speed, beat in ricotta, almond extract, ground almonds and egg until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; beat until dough forms.
- Take about a rounded tablespoon of dough and roll into balls or drop dough by level tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
- If using, place the halved cherries in the center of the cookies.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes or until cookies are very lightly golden (cookies will be soft).
- Cool completely before Icing.
- For the Icing:
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk and almond extract until smooth. Drizzle the icing on cookies and decorate with nonpareils
- Set cookies aside to allow icing to dry completely.