Pan Roasted Artichokes
Pan Roasted Artichokes: A great appetizer or side dish!
For 1 Person(s)
For the Artichokes:
- 10 baby artichokes
- 4 cloves of garlic - very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - very finely chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves until you reach the yellow light green part of the artichoke.
- Cut the top part of the leaves (about 3/4 inch), trim about 1/4 inch of the stem and peel the stem.
- Cut the artichoke in half and place them in a bowl of water in which you have squeezed the juice of one lemon.
- Clean all your artichokes and keep them in water for about 10 mins.
- Put a very light coat of EV olive oil in a cast iron pan and let it get very hot.
- Coat each piece of artichoke with a very thin film of EV olive oil and put them in the pan facing down.
- Cook them for about 5-6 mins. or until they begin to turn brown.
- Turn them over and cook them for another about 7-8 mins.
- Put all the artichokes in a platter facing up.
- In a little bowl, put 5 Tbs of EV olive oil and add the garlic and parsley.
- Mix well and with a teaspoon spread over each artichoke.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh black pepper.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Entree Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Passover Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Good Friday Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes
This is a nice easy recipe to make. My husband and I enjoyed it. - Awasi129
I didn't know you could eat the hearts! - debbymmmmm