Panettone Layer Cake with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
Panettone layer cake with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting
For 6 Person(s)
For the Frosting
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces nutella, room temperature
- 2 packets Vanillina powder, or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- fresh raspberries and ferrero Rocher for decorating
For the Cake
- 1 chocolate chip Panettone
- 1 1/4 cups Frangelico liqueur
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- Get your panettone HERE.
- To make the frosting:
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, confectioners sugar, Nutella and Vanillina. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Set aside.
- To assemble:
- Using a serrated bread knife, slice the dome off of the panettone. Set aside for dipping in your morning coffee!
- Slice the stump of the panettone into 3 even layers. Set aside the bottom layer of the panettone, this will become the top of your cake.
- Lay one of the remaining layers down on your cake stand or serving plate. Brush the layer with 1/3 of the Frangelico and cover with about 1/3 of the frosting. Repeat for the second layer.
- Brush the cut side of the remaining layer with Frangelico and flip it over so that the smooth side is up.
- Frost the cake with the remaining frosting. Stick the chopped hazelnuts all over the cake.
- Add the fresh raspberries and Ferrero Rocher for garnish if using.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or overnight.
Wow your guests with this festive, elegant use for a panettone!