Pasta con Baccala`
Pasta with Baccala`... perfect for Christmas Eve.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound dried baccala`
- 4 scallions
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or Gaeta olives
- 4 cups peeled tomatoes
- salt & hot pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Before you can cook dried baccala` you need to remove the saltiness. The process to remove the saltiness is to put it in fresh cold water for 12-24 hours, depending on its thickness. Change the water several times during the process.
- Put some oil in a pan and add the scallions cut in large pieces.
- Saute` the scallions until they are soft, then liquefy the peeled tomatoes in a blender and add to the pan. Add some hot pepper as desired.
- Cook for 20-25 Mins. and add the baccala` and the olives.
- Cook for 10-15 Mins. or until the baccala` breaks at the touch of a fork.
- Serve over ditalini pasta or pasta of your choice.