Peas and Macaroni
Peas and Macaroni.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Peas:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 cups tomato passata or tomato Purée
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 10oz bag frozen peas
- 6 cups water
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- grated Pecorino Romano cheese for serving
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and sauté until soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the passata and salt to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and the peas to the pan. Return to a boil and taste for seasoning. Season with more salt as desired.
- Drop the elbow macaroni into a pot of generously salted boiling water and cook for 3 minutes less than the package instructions, about 4-5 minutes. The pasta should still be a little bit hard.
- Drain the pasta and transfer to the pot with the tomato. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with plenty of grated cheese.
Love this video of you, your mom and gramma. These are wonderful memories being made. Recipe looks...
See Full Review >> - Lads929