Polenta with Sausage and Broccoli Rabe
Polenta with Italian Sausage and Broccoli Rabe... in the winter it will keep you warm!
- Put a stockpot over high heat and bring 12 cups of salted water to a boil.
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the sausage and cook until well browned, about 7-10 minutes. Turn off the flame and transfer the sausage to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Drop the garlic cloves and the broccoli rabe into the water. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Drain the broccoli rabe and set aside.
- Turn the flame back on under the sauté pan to medium-high. Add the broccoli rabe and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the sausage back to the pan along with any juices that have collected at the bottom of the plate. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the Polenta according to the package instructions. For 1 1/2 cups of Polenta bring 3 cups of water to a boil. Stream in the Polenta slowly while stirring to prevent clumps. Stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the broccoli rabe and sausage. Serve immediately in warm bowls.
First Course Recipes, Entree Recipes, Meat Recipes, Nonna Yolanda Agostino, Calabria Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Broccoli Rabe Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Sausage Recipes, Carnevale Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Polenta Recipes, Diabetic Entree Recipes, Gluten Free Entree Recipes, Mediterranean Diet First Course Recipes