Ricotta Swirl Pumpkin Ciambella Cake
Ricotta Swirl Pumpkin Ciambella Cake.
For 10 Person(s)
For the Ciambella:
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- juice of one lemon
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 packets PaneAngeli Vanillina Powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
For the Filling:
- 1 pound ricotta cheese I used part skim
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 packets PaneAngeli Vanillina Powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- confectioner's sugar for topping
- Get the Ingredients you need for this Recipe HERE!
- Make the Ciambella:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a tube pan with baking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin, Vanillina and the milk and lemon juice mixture until fully combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the oil and sugar with an electric mixer until combined, about 3-5 minutes. Add eggs one at a time mixing until incorporated after each addition.
- Alternate adding flour and pumpkin mixture to the oil mixture, ending with flour. Mixing until just combined after each addition. Scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Make the Filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, sugar, vanillina and the flour. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Carefully pour all over the top of the cake batter in the bundt pan. Jiggle the pan a bit to even out the cheese mixture, if necessary.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then using a knife, swirl the ricotta into the cake batter. This will help the filling sink a little. Continue baking for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Place a cooling rack on top of the cake and flip cake over and out onto rack. Allow to cool, then dust with powdered sugar before serving.