Shells with Creamy Cannellini Beans and Arugula
Shells with Creamy Cannellini Beans and Arugula.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 19oz cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pound dried shells or any small cut pasta you prefer
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces fresh arugula
- Empty the cannellini beans into 2 separate bowls. Using a potato masher or a spoon, mash the beans in one of the bowls. Set aside.
*You may also purée the beans
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the red pepper flakes and garlic and cook until they garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water.
- Add the tomatoes and salt. Cook until they begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- add the mashed and whole beans to the pan along with 1/2 cup of pasta water to loosen the mashed beans. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. If the Pan seems dry add another 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Add the arugula to the pan and cook until just wilted.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes. Serve in warm bowls with an extra drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.