Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes
Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 pound spaghetti pasta
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and basil to the pan. Cook while stirring occasionally until the tomatoes burst and break down, about 20 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook for about 3-4 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta cooking water.
- Drain and add the spaghetti and cooking water to the pan. Cook until the pasta is Al dente and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.