Spaghetti with Mussels and Toasted Breadcrumbs
Spaghetti with Mussels and Toasted Breadcrumbs, a super quick and delicious dish to make all year long.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds mussels, scraped and beards removed
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- red pepper flakes, as desired
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 pound dry speghetti pasta
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Toast the bread crumbs by putting 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a saute` pan and adding the bread crumbs.
- Continuously stir the bread crumbs with a wooden spoon until bread crumbs turn golden-light brown. Put aside for later.
- Put a 12 inch sauté pan with a lid over a medium flame and add the mussels.
- Cover the pan and let the mussels open, about 7-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once all the mussels have opened remove the pan from heat and shell all the mussels, making sure to reserve their juice. Set aside.
- Filter the water at the bottom of the pan and set aside.
- In a large saute pan, add 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the sliced garlic. Add red pepper flakes as desired. Set the flame to medium.
- Once the garlic tuns light golden, add the juice from the mussels. Once it comes to a boil, let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mussels and the parsley and let everything cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted water and once they are to an Al Dente consistency, add them to the pan.
- Toss for 1 minutes and serve each plate garnished with the toasted breadcrumbs.
Please Follow me on Instagram!