Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Pesto
Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Pesto.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 medium eggplant, or 3 Sicilian small eggplant, skin on and cut into strips 2 inches long and half an inch wide.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 15 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup pinoli nuts, divided
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the eggplant onto the baking sheet and toss in the oil and salt, making sure all the eggplant is well coated. Drizzle a bit more oil over the top of the eggplant and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and roast for an additional 15 minutes or until the tomatoes are blistered and the eggplant is cooked through and soft.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant and tomatoes to the bowl of a food processor along with the cheese, 1/4 cup of the pinoli and the basil. Process until smooth. Remove to a large skillet and mix in the remaining pinoli nuts.
- Drop the Spaghetti into generously salted boiling water.
- Get your Spaghetti HERE!
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the sauce over medium-high heat and add about 1/2 cup of pasta water to it to loosen.
- Cool the pasta till al dente and drain. Toss in the sauce for 1-2 minutes. If the pan seems a bit dry add another 1/4 cup of pasta water.