Spaghetti with Tuna and Capers
Spaghetti with Tuna and Capers.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 small red onion, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 ounces Italian tuna packed in olive oil drained
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and drop in the spaghetti.
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the onion and red pepper to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and the salt and cook until the tomatoes just begin to break down. About 3-5 minutes.
- Add the tuna and capers to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. By now the pasta should be just at al dente.
- Add the spaghetti and parsley to the pan and toss for 1-2 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and black pepper as desired.