Spinach Soup with Sausage Meatballs and Orzo Pasta
Spinach Soup with Sausage Meatballs and Orzo Pasta... the ultimate comfort food for the chilly months of the year.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 8 ounces Italian sweet sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 pound Orzo pasta
Celebrate Buon Natale
Find this sweatshirt
in La Bottega!
- In a bowl combine the first 5 ingredients until you have a homogeneous mixture.
- Roll out small meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot add the oil and sauté the onion over a medium flame until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and potatoes and bring to a boil. Add the carrots, celery and meatballs and bring to a rolling boil. Add the spinach and the orzo pasta. Cook until orzo pasta is al dente.