Strozzapreti Pasta Bolognese
This is to me a 'comfort food' for Italy. Very hardy and delicious!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pound chuck roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fruity red wine (ex. Chianti)
- 10 ounces peeled tomatoes with juice
- 1/3 cup brewed espresso
- 1 pound Strozzapreti pasta
Get into the Christmas Spirit!
La Dolce Vita Coffee
Pots and Cups are now in Stock!
Get both HERE!!!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt 1 tbs butter in large oven-proof pot over medium high heat. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook beef until browned, about 4 minutes per batch.
- Transfer beef to large bowl. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon butter to the pot and melt.
- Add onions and cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Return beef and any accumulated juices to pot. Add wine, tomatoes with juice, and espresso.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and transfer to oven.
- Braise beef until tender, about 2 hours. Using two forks, break beef apart into more manageable chunks.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until ‘al dente’, stirring occasionally.
- Stir into beef mixture and serve.
I found this recipe and thought it would be good to share it. It was hard to find. - plserio