Struffoli (Honey Balls)
Struffoli (Honey Balls) A must have recipe for all neapolitans!
For 5 Batch(es)
For the Struffoli:
- 2 pounds all purpose flour
- 10 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 72 ounces vegetable oil
- 32 ounces honey
- decorative sprinkles
- Put oil in a deep pot and put aside to fry struffoli later on.
- Mix all other ingredients together. Knead dough until it resembles a dough ball. If dough is too tough add an extra egg. If dough is too soft add a little more flour. DO NOT ADD WATER!
- Pinch off the dough and make strings of dough that resemble the size of pens. Cut into ½ inch bite size pieces. Be sure to flour them so they don’t stick together.
- Heat the oil until it is very hot. Drop in one handful of struffoli at a time. They will rise to the top of the pot and remove when little brown.
- When all the struffoli are fried, take a large frying pan with 6 oz of honey in it. Fold in the fried struffoli and coat them with the honey, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Pour them onto a plate and decorate with sprinkles.
- Buon Natale!
This is for Filomena: No, just put them in the frying pan and look at them? Pazzo - luigi
when i put them in the frying pan does the heat go on? every reciepie i read on here there is somet...
See Full Review >> - filomena
I loved it and so did my classmates! <3 - AshtonWarren