Stuffed Artichokes alla Siciliana
Stuffed Artichokes alla Siciliana... this dish makes an excellent appetizer for all special occasions.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Artichokes:
- 4 medium sized artichokes
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese shavings
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves and cutting the stem and the top part of the leaves as they may have thorns.
- Put the artichokes in a bowl full of water and lemon juice so that they don't tarnish.
- In a saute` pan put the bread crumbs and two Tbsp of EV olive oil. Saute` until the bread crumbs are lightly golden. Immediately put them in a cold bowl so that they don't burn.
- Add to the bread crumbs the finely chopped parsley, the garlic, salt & pepper as desired, the grated cheese and some olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients very well until the oil is evenly absorbed.
- Take each artichoke, open the leaves as much as you can and insert among the leaves the bread crumb mixture and some shaving of the Parmigiano cheese. Ad a drizzle of EV olive oil over each artichoke.
- Place the artichokes in an oven pan and add 1 1/2 inches of water. Cover the pan.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook for 20-25 mins. depending on the size of the artichokes.
- Finish off by putting the pan in the oven for 15 more mins. at 400 F.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Appetizer Recipes, Sicilian Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes, Nonna Angelina Purpura