Stuffed Calamari - Calamari Ripieni
Stuffed Calamari... excellent dish from the goodness of the sea. The sauce is divine over spaghetti.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 42 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chapped
- fresh parsley
- peperoncino - hot pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti
For the Stuffing:
- 1 pound whole fresh calamari
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, as desired
- Prepare the Sauce:
- Chop the onion finely and saute` it in 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Once the onion becomes translucent, add the tomato sauce, the parsley and a pinch of salt.
- Add a pinch of hot pepper as desired and let everything cook at low heat.
- Wash the calamari very well inside and out. Remove from inside the calamari all internal matters.
- Cut a very small hole at the tip of the tail as it will enable you to run fresh water thru the calamari and completely clean them.
- Prepare the Stuffing:
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, EV olive oil and parsley. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Mix well until you have a semi-soft stuffing. Add a little milk or bread crumbs as needed.
- With a teaspoon fill the body of the calamari until 1/2 inch from the top.
- Once the sauce boils, place the calamari in the sauce cover the pot. Continue to cook at low heat for about 25-30 minutes
- From time to time, stir the sauce and the calamari to prevent them from sticking to the bottom.
- Boil spaghetti in salted water and serve with the sauce... they are excellent!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Entree Recipes, Fish Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Calamari Recipes, Pecorino Cheese Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Spaghetti Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Entree Recipes, Seafood Pasta Recipes