Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto in Pink Sauce
Tortellini with Peas and Prosciutto in Pink Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 10 oz bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups tomato purée
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 10 oz package Cheese Tortellini
- black pepper as desired
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and melt the butter. Add the prosciutto and sauté until lightly crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the peas and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add in the tomato purée and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a light boil. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the grated parmigiano.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain and transfer to the pan with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes. Season with black pepper as desired.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese.