Tortellini with Spinach and Mushrooms
Tortellini with Spinach and Mushrooms.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Tortellini:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- salt and black pepper as desired
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the shallots and sauté until soft, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the Spinach and cook until wilted. Add the cream to the pan. Taste for seasoning and add salt and black pepper as desired.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Drop in the tortellini and cook until just under al dente, about 5-6 minutes. Drain and add to the cream sauce. Toss for 1-2 minuets over a medium flame. Remove from heat and add the parmigiano, allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese. Serve in warm bowls with an additional sprinkle of cheese.