Zeppole Di San Nicola
Deep fried Zeppole - Zeppole di San Nicola.
For 4 Dozen(s)
- 7 large potatoes
- 2 pounds all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 package dry yeast
- canola oil for frying
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Peel the potatoes and boil in salted water until cooked.
- Let them cool and then mash them in the potato masher and put them aside.
- Into a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast into a portion of the warm water stirring very well. ( 1/2 cup warm water for dissolving.)
- After about one minute, combine flour and potatoes and knead together. The dough should be sticky, add more water if necessary. Let dough sit covered with a kitchen towel until mixture gets bubbly and doubles in size, approximately 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a large deep frying pan. Spoon dough into the hot oil and fry until the dough is golden brown.
I made them yesterday they were great" - roro05
Hi, I made these on Saturday and they were just like my Mum made them, I made some plain and some wi...
See Full Review >> - mariadib1965