Zuppa di Mussels - Impepata di Cozze
Zuppa di Mussels... there is no better way to celebrate summer!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Zuppa:
- 2 pounds fresh mussels
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- black pepper or red chili pepper as desired
Nonna's Cheese Grater
Get one in La Bottega!
- Wash the mussels under fresh water and with a knife scrape from the shells any material attached and any beards.
- Put the mussels in a deep pot and at the same time add all the ingredients.
- Cut the lemon in half, squeeze all the juice into the pot and add the lemon peels to the pot as well.
- Cover the pot and cook under medium to high heat.
- Occasionally stir the pot to ensure that the mussels cook evenly. Cook for about 15 mins.
- Remove to cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- The mussels are done once they have all opened.
- Any mussels that do not open, discard them as they are not edible.
- The recipe above is for a White Zuppa di Mussels. Alternatively it can be made Red by adding 10 cherry tomatoes.
- The soup generated by the mussels is to die for... absolutely dip some fresh Italian bread in it!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Fish Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mussels Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes
Fantastic! I make it for Christmas Eve and everyone devours it. - princess