Cozze Gratinate... a great appetizer all year round!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Mussels:
- 2 pounds mussels
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoons grated Pecorino cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash the mussels under fresh water, shuck them and leave the fruit on the half shell.
- In a bowl, add your ingredients and mix well until the oil has been fully absorbed by the bread crumbs. The bread will look uniformly wet.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Place all the open mussels in a baking sheet and with a teaspoon put the breadcrumbs in each mussel until the mussel is completely covered.
- Bake at 500F for 5-7 minutes, then put under the broiler for 1 minute to brown.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Fish Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Easy Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mussels Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Christmas Fish Recipes, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Easter Appetizer and Side Recipes