Zuppa di Verza - Savoy Cabbage Soup
Zuppa di Verza - Savoy Cabbage Soup.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 medium onion, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 2 celery stalks, cut into a 1/4 inch dice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 Idaho Potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 12 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (do not use if using chicken broth)
- 1 head of Savoy cabbage, stalk trimmed, washed and cut into strips
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for serving
March 19th is
St. Joseph's Day!!!
Get your Complete
St. Joseph Box
- Put a large stockpot over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the carrots, onions and celery and sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the water and bouillon cubes or broth and bring to a boil. Add in the cabbage and cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese.