Chocolate pepper cookies
This recipe is a chocolate ball that is moist and full of flavor.
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Cookies:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/8 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup dry Hershey baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup any kind of whiskey
- 1/2 cup crisco shortening(do not use the butter type)
- 1/2 cup milk( can use whole or skim)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 pound powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cold coffee about 4 to 5 tablespoons and keep adding til it is smooth. You are going to dip the cookies and let the frosting drape over the cookie
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix flour, sugar cocoa and all spices in a large bowl. Then add whiskey, shortening and milk and mix together.
- Add walnuts and roll into small golfball size balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until bottoms are a nice light brown. Then cool on racks and frost.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook...
The Best Mother's Day Gift For Your
Mamma & Nonna!
Please Follow me on Instagram!
If the dough is too dry just add more milk in small increments until it is incorporated and the dough is smooth and dough like. Add the walnuts after you get the dough mixed and if the dough is too sticky then just add a small amount of flour.
Thnx for sharing :) - Saint of circumstance
We really liked these....making them a 2nd time !! - maxwell
I had to add more liquid. 4 cups flour and 3/4 cup total liquid wasn't even as damp as a pie crust. - Gunny Teufulhund