Cialda Calda - Hot Bread Salad
Cialda Calda - Hot Bread Salad... excellent for those cold winter days!
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
For 1 Person(s)
For the Cialda:
- 4 slices of stale Altamura bread or another Italian bread.
- 2 cups water
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 potato sliced
- 1/2 cup Gaeta olives
- 1/4 pound broccoli rabe
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a pot, add the water and all the vegetables. Add salt as desired.
- Bring the water to a boil and let all the vegetables cook for about 10-15 mins.
- In a bowl, place at the bottom the slices of bread.
- Pour the water and all the vegetables over the bread. Cover with a plate and let it rest for about 2 mins.
- Drizzle some EV olive oil over the entire plate and serve.
Nonna Maria is adorable. All my Italian Nonna's and Zia's have been gone for decades. I love watch...
See Full Review >> - jvita819