Cut Spaghetti and Potatoes
Cut Spaghetti and Potatoes in a light tomato sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound cut spaghetti
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho potatoes
- 20 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- grated pecorino cheese
- Cut the potatoes in small cubes and set aside.
- In a small pot boil 3 cups of water.
- In a large pot, add the EV olive oil and the onion chopped finely.
- Let the onion become translucent and add the cut potatoes. Let the potatoes saute` for about 3 minutes.
- Add the parsley and the crushed tomatoes and let everything cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the boiling water and let everything cook al low flame until the potatoes are soft but still a little firm.
- Separately cook the pasta in salted water.
- Mix the sauce and the potatoes with the pasta and serve with grated pecorino cheese and fresh black pepper, if desired.