Focaccia Barese: with all the flavors of the land of Puglia.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Dough:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 ounce packet dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Topping:
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- To make the Dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment combine the oil, yeast and water. Let stand until the yeast is dissolved, about 5-8 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed slowly add in the flour. Mix until a smooth, supple dough forms, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl brushed with olive oil. Brush the ball of dough with more oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for 1 hour or until doubled in volume. Punch down the dough.
- Make the Focaccia:
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Add 1/4 cup of the oil to a 12 inch round pan and spread it evenly, making sure you coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Spread the dough to the edges of the pan with your fingers, starting from the center and working your way out.
- Add the tomatoes and drizzle the remaining oil over them. Sprinkle the oregano over the entire surface of the focaccia, followed by a sprinkle of salt as desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to rise in a warm place for 1 hour. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Bread and Focaccia Recipes, Puglia Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Focaccia Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, 4th July Recipes, Tomato Recipes, Labor Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Vegetarian Appetizer Recipes, Vegan Appetizer Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Thanksgiving Appetizers and Sides Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes
I love focaccia, however, the recipe leaves out some key ingredients in the final stages. Mixing the...
See Full Review >> - Lorraine132
My Family enjoys this recipe, my Daughter is now teaching her Daughters the old Family recipe\'s ( ...
See Full Review >> - Geopc89
Molto bene. Like being in Bari!! - hussell
my husband loves it. Thank you, Nona!! - jacqueline27hh
Mil Gracias, ahora sé como hacerla ! - CAROLINE.RANGEL
In video it looked amazing? Confused about the amount of yeast. In video you say 20 grams. In recipe...
See Full Review >> - Auntie123
My parents were born in Alberobello in puglia and my own nonna used to bring hers to the towns "...
See Full Review >> - dibasia