Fried Artichokes in Pastella
Fried Artichokes in Pastella... crispy and delicious!
For 6 Person(s)
For the Artichokes:
- 15 small artichokes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- frying oil
- Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves, trim and unpeel the stem and cut the top part of the leaves as they may have thorns. The remaining leaves should be pale green.
- Wash and drain the artichokes well.
- Cut each artichoke in half and put in a bowl with cold water to avoid that they turn dark.
- In a bowl, prepare the pastella (batter) by mixing: flour, eggs, a pinch of salt, garlic, mint, cheese and water.
- Dip the pieces of artichoke in the pastella and fry in hot oil.
- Fry them on both sides until they turn golden.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
The Cooking with Nonna Cookbook
PS: Any leftover pastella, do not throw away. Pour it in the hot oil and fry it... delicious!
Nonna Romana Sciddurlo, Appetizer Recipes, Side Dish Recipes, Puglia Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Easter Recipes, Super Bowl Recipes, Artichoke Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Memorial Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Summer Appetizer-Side Recipes, Mediterranean Diet Appetizer Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes
Thursday, 14 December 2017
Delicious=enjoy!!!! - vallygally