Garganelli with Sausage Radicchio and Cream
Garganelli with Sausage Radicchio andCream.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 shallot, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 8 ounces radicchio, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 pint heavy cream
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and black pepper as desired
- 1 pound garganelli pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the sausage and sauté while breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Once the sausage is browned, about 5 minutes add the shallot. Cook until the shallot has softened a bit, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the radicchio to the pan and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cream to the pan and heat it almost to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add the nutmeg.
- Drop the garganelli into a large pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to the pan with the sauce. Toss for 1-2 minutes over a medium flame.
- Remove from heat and add the grated cheese allowing the residual heat of the pan to melt the cheese. Add some fresh black pepper as desired.