Lamb Chops Magnifico
I call my birthday dish for Rossella Lamb Chops Magnifico because it truly is a magnificent dish to share with the entire family or friends! Adding risotto as part of the entree not only is a good pairing with the lamb chops but also provides a great presentation with lots of colors and flavor! Buon appetito!
For 12 Person(s)
- Chops Magnifico
- 15 baby lamb chops (preferably australian rack of lamb)
- 10 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 table spoon pepper
- few springs of fresh rosemary
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 cup arborio rice
- 2 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 12 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive ol
- few springs of fresh parsely
- 6 threads of saffron
- 1 1/2 cup of parmesean cheese
The Nonna Knives are Back!
You can't cook without them!
- Marinate lamb chops for at least six hours in a baking dish with 6 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tbsp. salt, rosemary, 6 cloves of garlic and 1 tbsp rosemary pepper.
- Cover baking dish with plastic and put in fridge.
- When it's time to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Take the baking dish out of the fridge.
- In a skillet pan, put the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Grill each marinated lamb chop for 2 minutes on each side.
- Once lamb chops are all grilled, place them back in a clean baking pan with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and cut a few slits at the top of the foil.
- Place baking dish in oven at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Half way through, flip the lamb chops onto their other side.
- Then get ready to make your risotto.
- Heat your frying pan (preferably stainless steel) for 2 minutes before adding the butter and olive oil.
- Once butter is melted, saute` the onions until it is a golden color.
- Then saute` the garlic for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Next is to cover the frying pan with the the arborio rice and saute` it on a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Then gradually add only 1 cup of vegetable broth at a time into the frying pan and stir into the rice until there is no more liquid in the pan.
- This will be repeated for a total of 12 times.
- After the fifth cup of broth, add the few threads of saffron to give the risotto its golden color.
- After the eight cup of broth, add the cheese and mix in gradually.
- Once the broth process is completed and the risotto appears to have a thick and creamy texture, its "a mangiare!"
- Sprinkle the risotto with a few springs of parsley.
- For a great presentation, prepare my recipe as illustrated in the photo.
- There are two secrets to making risotto. First, cook the risotto on a low-medium flame. And second, patience. You cannot leave that frying pan for a second because it requires constantly stirring the rice with the liquids - preferably with the wooden spoon! Remember, risotto tends to be heavy on the stomach so preferable 3/4 cup per serving is ideal. Saffron gives the risotto it's beautiful, golden color. However, it can be quite expensive and located in your spice isle of your supermarket. The more saffron, the better the golden color.
Please Follow me on Instagram!