Lemon Basil Pasta
Lemon Basil Pasta.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound dried spaghetti or linguine
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
- zest and juice of 3 lemons
- 5 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Get the ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks, put a large skillet over a medium flame and melt the butter.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and cook for for 5 minutes. Stir in the basil leaves and cook until wilted.
- Scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water and add it to the pan. Cook while stirring for 1 minute.
- Cook the pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the Pecorino Romano cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and fully coats the pasta.
- Taste for seasoning and season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately.