Lemon Ricotta Pasta
Lemon Ricotta Pasta.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 1 pound dried Fusilli pasta
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- zest of 3 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water.
- While the pasta cooks add the ricotta to a large skillet over a medium flame. Add about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water to the ricotta to loosen it.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Once the pasta is Al dente, drain and add it to the ricotta and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and add the pecorino cheese and basil. Toss until the cheese has melted into the ricotta.
- Serve hot or cold!