Lucy's Capocollo Bread
Bread is a staple in any Italian home. But Capocollo Bread is... a real Special Treat!
If you like you can substitute Capocollo with Prosciutto, Parmacotto (Cooked Ham), Sausage, Sopressata, Mortadella or any other meat that you prefer!
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Bread:
- 1 pound all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- milk, as much as needed
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 pound capocollo, diced
- 1/2 pound provolone, diced
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, sliced
- Melt the yeast in 1 Oz milk.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough by adding as much milk as needed to make the dough elastic and soft.
- Flatten the dough in a thin layer and elongated. The dough should be about 8 inches high and stretched sideways as much as possible.
- Spread the ingredients of the filling over the entire surface of the dough.
- Roll the dough longways to form one loaf.
- With a sharp knife, cut the loaf every 2 inches and put each piece in a baking pan with the cut side facing up.
- Let all the cut bread pieces rise for about 1 1/2 hours by putting it in a warm part of the house.
- Brush the bread surfaces with milk and bake at 425F for about 30 mins.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
TimberRosie, the mixing can be done either by hand or with a stand mixer. It works either way. In ...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago