Medaglioni: a great way to stuff your empty Panzerotto or Frittella!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Medaglioni
- 1 pound bread or pizza dough
- Prosciutto di Parma
- fresh tomatoes
- oil for frying
Just arrived from Italy!
Nonna's Cheese Grater!
The Perfect Christmas Gift
for every Italian Home!
Get one in La Bottega!
- Take a piece of dough the size of a tennis ball and flatten it with a rolling pin into a flat and round shape. The thickness of the dough should be no more than 1/4 of an inch.
- Fold the dough over itself and close it in the shape of 1/2 moon.
- Press down the outer edges of the dough to completely seal the Medaglione. With a ravioli cutter, cut the excess dough from all around the Medaglione.
- Fry in olive oil till they are golden brown.
- Cut open and fill with Prosciutto di Parma, mozzarella, tomatoes and lettuce.