Nonna's Baked Zucchini Flowers Frittata
Nonna's Baked Zucchini Flower Frittata. One of the many ways to enjoy your zucchini flowers in the summer.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Frittata:
- 12 zucchini flowers, washed and roughly cut into 1 inch pieces, plus a few more for decorating the top
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced
- 1 1/2 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees. Oil an 11 inch loose bottomed tart pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cut Zucchini flowers, garlic, mint, cheese, breadcrumbs, eggs and oil. Mix well until you have a liquid batter. If the mixture seems a little dense add 2 tablespoons of milk. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- If you have any zucchini flowers left for decorating, cut them in half lengthwise and arrange them on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and the center of the frittata is golden in color.