Nonna's Potato Gnocchi
Nonna's Potato Gnocchi: So simple to make and can be served with any sauce you like!
For 3 Person(s)
For the Gnocchi:
- 2 pounds fresh mashed potatoes
- 1 pound fine semolina flour or as much as the potatoes will absorb
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Get your Gnocchi Board HERE
- Boil the potatoes and mash them when they are still hot.
- Put them aside and let them cool off
- In a large bowl beat the egg, add the potatoes, the flour and the salt.
- \Mix very well until you have a firm ball of dough. If the dough is still soft, add more flour until you have a firm consistency.
- Wrap the ball of dough in plastic paper and let it sit for about 30 mins.
- With the Nonna Knife, cut a piece of dough, roll it into a strip about 1/2" tick and cut it into pieces about 3/4" long.
- Take each piece of dough put it on a Gnocchi board, if you would like some texture, and with the tip of two of your fingers, roll the dough toward you.
- Make all your Gnocchi, boil them in salted water and serve them with your preferred sauce.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
PS: If you do not have a Gnocchi board, to create texture you can use the back of a fork or the back of a cheese grater!
The egg is often used and does not compromise the Gnocchi. :) It can also be left out and they are ...
See Full Review >> - rossella rago
Rosella, with all due respect, my mother always used eggs in her gnocchi and she worked in her aunt'...
See Full Review >> - aplanera
sorry real italian gnocchi are made without egg, but only flour and potatoes and you just the amount...
See Full Review >> - elvy60
Looks simple and tasty will try - Aracelis