Ossobuco in Gremolata
Ossobuco in Gremolata (alla Milanese)... the most tender veal you can have.
For 2 Person(s)
For the Ossobuco:
- 2 veal shanks about 1 inch thick and 5 inches across
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- all purpose flour
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
For the Gremolata:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 leaves of sage
- fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
Nonna's Good Luck Bracelets!
Now in La Bottega!
In White & Yellow Gold HERE!
- Ossobuco Preparation:
- In a saute pan add 1/2 stick of butter and let it melt. Add 1/2 onion chopped very finely and let it cook until it becomes translucent.
- Take the Ossobuchi and at the edges, every one inch, make a 1/2 inch cut to prevent the meat from curling while it is cooking.
- In a bowl with flour, add salt and pepper, mix well and dip the meat into it to get a complete coating of flour.
- Remove the onions from the pan and put aside.
- Add 1/2 stick of butter to the pan and let it melt.
- Sautee the Ossobuchi until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Add the onions back in as well as 1 cup of dry white wine. Tip: with a wooden spoon, scrape all the meat particles from the bottom of the pan as they will become part of the sauce.
- Cook until the alcohol evaporates and add 1 1/2 cups of beef broth.
- Cover and let it simmer for 1 1/2 hours. If it gets too dry add some more broth.
- In another saute pan, add 4 Tbs of EV olive oil. Chop the mushrooms in quarters or small pieces and add them to the pan.
- Cook the mushrooms for about 5 mins. or until they are soft and brownish. Add 1 cup of white wine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the mushrooms cook until wine evaporates.
- Once the Ossobuchi are completely cooked, remove them from the pan and put them on a serving platter. Do not discard the sauce at the bottom of the pan.
- Gremolata Preparation:
- Crush two cloves of garlic, 4 leaves of sage, 2 sprigs of rosemary and parsley. Add the zest of 1/2 lemon and chop everything very finely.
- Add everything to the pan containing the sauce of the Ossobuchi and cook for 2-3 minutes at medium flame.
- Put some of the mushrooms on the serving platter next to the Ossobuchi.
- Pour the Gremolata on top of the Ossosuchi and the mushrooms.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Entree Recipes, Meat Recipes, Nonna Carmen Romeo, Lombardia Recipes, Intermediate Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Osso Buco Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Valentine's Day Recipes, Easter Dinner Recipes, Christmas Dinner Recipes, Thanksgiving Entree Recipes, Christmas Entree Recipes, Easter Entree Recipes