Pasta and Chickpeas - Pasta e Ceci
Pasta and chickpeas... one of the ultimate comfort foods!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Ceci:
- 1 pound dry chickpeas
- 28 ounces passata or crushed tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, as desired
- 1 pound Ditalini pasta
- The evening before, wash the chickpeas and put them in a pot with water, 4 bay leaves and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. The water should be 2 inches above the chickpeas.
- The next day, leave the chickpeas in the same water. You may have to add a little more water to keep it 1 inch above the chickpeas. Cover the pot and cook at low flame for about 3 hours.
- Separately prepare an onion based tomato sauce and once the chickpeas are cooked, mix together.
- Boil the Ditalini pasta in salted water.
- Pour the chickpeas and broth over the pasta. Add a dash of EV olive oil and pepper as desired.
Please Follow me on Instagram!
Sunday, 17 June 2018
Good basic recipe. Never add salt to beings well they are soaking. That makes them tough. The onl...
See Full Review >> - AngMingrone
Thursday, 08 September 2016
Do not add salt to water. Chick peas will cook faster - about an hour. Add salt after cooking. I ...
See Full Review >> - Elisa DiVirgilio