Pasta with Eggplant Ricotta & Mint Pesto
Pasta with Eggplant Ricotta & Mint Pesto.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 eggplant, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 15oz container whole milk ricotta
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- salt and pepper as desired
- 1 pound dried fusilli pasta
- Get the products used in this Recipe HERE
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium-high flame and heat the oil.
- Add the eggplant and sauté until they begin to absorb the oil and soften, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain most of the oil out of the pan.
- Add salt as desired and the water. Cover and cook until the eggplant is very soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the eggplant, ricotta, cheese, mint and salt as desired. Process until smooth.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until Al dente.
- Toss the pasta in the sauce. Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of grated Pecorino Romano cheese.