Pasta with Ricotta & Tomato Sauce
Pasta with Ricotta & Tomato Sauce.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 1/4 cups Passata or Tomato Purée
- 4 leaves of fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 1 pound dried Farfalle pasta, or any pasta you prefer
- Put a large sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the oil. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomato passata, the basil and the salt. Bring to a boil. Lower the flame to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Add the ricotta to the pan and mix until fully incorporated. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into a large pot of generously salted boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Drain and add the pasta to the sauce. Turn the heat up to medium-high and toss pasta for 1 minute. Serve in warm bowls with a generous sprinkle of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.