Pasta With Tuna, Olives, Capers and Tomatoes
Pasta With Tuna, Olives, Capers and Tomatoes.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh parsley stems
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can 1.76 Oz anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Castelvetrano olives
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 red onions, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 18 ounces canned Italian tuna, about 6 small cans or 3 regular cans
- 1 14oz can cherry tomatoes
- 1 19oz jar golden tomatoes
- 1 pound dried mezzi rigatoni
- Get the Ingredients needed for this recipe HERE
- Put a large skillet over a medium flame and heat the oil.
- Add the parsley stems garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté until the garlic is golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add in the anchovies and sauté until they have broken down.
- Add in the olives and capers and onions and cook until the onions have softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the wine and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the tuna and tomatoes to the pan and cook while crushing the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Drop the pasta into generously salted boiling water and cook until Al dente.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and toss over high heat for 1-2 minutes.