San Marzano Almond Balls
San Marzano Almond Balls... a delicate treat for special occasions. San Marzano is a liqueur from Puglia that my family has been using for many years to garnish gelato. My Mamma Angela has also been using it to make this delicious treat that I would like to share with you!
These are incredibly easy to make and guess what... No Baking needed!
Careful... you can get drunk on these!
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Almond Balls:
- 1 pound whole blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup San Marzano or any Amaro that you have or prefer
- 10 ounces hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Put the almonds in a food processor for about 2 min. to pulverize them. You want the grain to be fine but not a flour.
- Put the ground almonds in a bowl, add the cocoa and mix well.
- Add the San Marzano and mix well until you have a soft paste.
- Put the sugar in a flat dish.
- Take a small lump of the paste, roll it in your hand to make a ball, then roll the ball in the sugar and set on a clean plate.
- Roll all your balls, refrigerate for about 1 hour and serve cold.
I made these for Christmas and they were very good, but my dough was really wet for some reason so I...
See Full Review >> - AnnetteLC
Excellent. These will be great for holiday gifts. - Stregalibby
I love watching these videos! I feel like a part of la familia! Btw, I like the recipes too! ? - morgan5721