San Marzano Almond Balls
San Marzano Almond Balls... a delicate treat for special occasions. San Marzano is a liqueur from Puglia that my family has been using for many years to garnish gelato. My Mamma Angela has also been using it to make this delicious treat that I would like to share with you!
These are incredibly easy to make and guess what... No Baking needed!
Careful... you can get drunk on these!
For 4 Dozen(s)
For the Almond Balls:
- 1 pound whole blanched almonds
- 3/4 cup San Marzano or any Amaro that you have or prefer
- 10 ounces hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Put the almonds in a food processor for about 2 min. to pulverize them. You want the grain to be fine but not a flour.
- Put the ground almonds in a bowl, add the cocoa and mix well.
- Add the San Marzano and mix well until you have a soft paste.
- Put the sugar in a flat dish.
- Take a small lump of the paste, roll it in your hand to make a ball, then roll the ball in the sugar and set on a clean plate.
- Roll all your balls, refrigerate for about 1 hour and serve cold.
Dessert & Cookie Recipes, Puglia Recipes, All Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Thanksgiving Recipes, Easter Recipes, Cooking with Rossella, Valentine's Day Recipes, Mother's Day Recipes, Father's Day Recipes, Christmas Cookies Recipes, Easter Cakes and Cookies, Valentine's Cake and Cookie Recipes, Cookies Recipes, Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes, New Year's Eve Recipes, Almond Cookie and Dessert Recipes
I made these for Christmas and they were very good, but my dough was really wet for some reason so I...
See Full Review >> - AnnetteLC
Excellent. These will be great for holiday gifts. - Stregalibby
Made these for a cookout and they were gone within 20 minutes. Everyone loved them. Wonderful recipe...
See Full Review >> - Meina
I love watching these videos! I feel like a part of la familia! Btw, I like the recipes too! ? - morgan5721