Peas with Poached Eggs
Peas with Poached Eggs... a dish that is a true representative of Cucina Povera della Nonna.
PS: This Video Recipe is now available on the Cooking with Nonna TV Channels available on: Roku TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Android. Please search for the Cooking with Nonna channel on your TV platform and enjoy the show on your large TV screen!
For 3 Person(s)
For the Peas:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled, or frozen peas
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 large eggs
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to a sauce pan and let it get warm.
- Add the onion and cook it until it gets translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and the peas.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Let the broth and peas come to a boil.
- Crack one egg and deposit it in a small glass bowl. Slowly deposit the egg in the broth.
- Repeat the process for the other two eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for about 2-3 minutes and serve.