Chicory Salad - Insalata di Puntarelle
Chicory Salad - Insalata di Puntarelle: These are a particular type of Italian Chicory called "Catalogne". The salad is made from the shoots found at the center of the chicory head.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Salad:
- 1 head of Catalogne Chicory (about 2 Lbs)
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 4 fillets of anchovies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt & pepper
- Cut the shoots from the chicory and place them in very cold water for about two hours.
- In a small bowl add the EV olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the anchovies cut in small pieces.
- Add the garlic chapped very finely.
- Add salt and black pepper as desired.
- Let all the ingredients macerate for about one hour.
- Remove all the water from the bowl containing the chicory shoots.
- Beat with a fork all the ingredients in the emulsion and add to the bowl.
- Toss well and serve.
Use the Code CWN20 to Get 20% OFF
On my New T-Shirts!