Ricotta Artichoke Tart Recipe
Ricotta Artichoke Tart recipe.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Crust:
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
For the Filling:
- 2 9oz packages frozen artichokes, thawed
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- Prepare the Crust:
- Place the thawed crust on a very large piece of floured parchment paper. Roll the crust out with a rolling pin until large enough to fit into the 9 inch pan.
- Place your hand under the parchment paper and flip the dough into an 9 inch loose bottom tart pan. Peel off the parchment and arrange the dough so it comes up the sides and trim any excess that hangs over. Dock the crust with a fork and refrigerate white you make the filling.
- To make the Filling:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the ricotta and one package of thawed artichoke hearts. Process until the artichokes are chopped and all the ingredients are combined.
- Remove to a mixing bowl and mix in the grated cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Pour into the refrigerated crust. Add the second package of artichoke hearts to the top and sprinkle generously with the grated pecorino cheese.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Sounds fantastic can’t wait to make it - Bread Lady