Apple Almond Ricotta Crumble Cake
Apple Almond Ricotta Crumble Cake.
For 1 Batch(es)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 packet Pane Angeli Vanillina powder
- 2 Gala or Granny Smith apples, cut into 1 inch chunks
- confectioners sugar for dusting
For the Crumble Crust:
- 2 1/3 cups 00 or all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 2 packets Pane Angeli Vanillina powder
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Get the Ingredients you need for this Recipe HERE!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with baking spray.
- To make the filling:
- Pass the Ricotta through a strainer into a mixing bowl to smooth out any lumps.
- Add in the cinnamon and extracts and mix well.
- Fold in the apple chunks. Set aside.
To make the crumble crust:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the flour, almond flour and baking powder.
- Add in the sugar, butter, eggs and extracts. Mix with your hands until all the dry ingredients are absorbed and a crumbly dough forms.
- Press half the dough into the prepared pan making sure to press slightly it up the sides of the pan as well.
- Spread the filling over the crust. Crumble the remaining dough over the ricotta filling.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until the top of the crust is slightly browned. Cool to room temperature and dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
- *This cake should be stored in the refrigerator. If you make it ahead of time take it out of the fridge about 20-30 minutes before serving.
I don’t know why the bickering. Simply add the sugar to the rest of the ingredients and proceed. T...
See Full Review >> - Gbussek01
Like the previous reviewer, I noticed that the sugar was left out in directions but listed in the i...
See Full Review >> - Jovanna