Rigatoni with roasted butternut squash, pancetta and radicchio
Rigatoni with roasted butternut squash, pancetta and radicchio.
For 4 Person(s)
For the Pasta:
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small butternut squash, about 2 1/2 cups cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
- 2 shallots sliced
- 4 ounces pancetta, cubed
- 6 sage leaves, torn
- half a small head of radicchio, about 5 oz cut into thin strips.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and salt. Spread onto a 13x18 baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes tossing halfway through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain and reserve about a cup of cooking water. Set aside.
- Put a large saute` pan over a medium-high flame and heat the remaining oil. Add the shallots and saute` for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pancetta and sage and saute` until crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the radicchio and saute` until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and saute` scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for 1-2 minutes and add in the squash and the rigatoni.
- Toss the pasta with everything using some of the cooking water if it's a bit dry. Turn off the heat and add the pecorino cheese tossing to melt.
- Serve in warm bowls with an extra sprinkle of pecorino!