Spaghetti alla Puttanesca Napoletani
Spaghetti alla Puttanesca Napoletani, according to legends, this dish was made by busy ladies for their husbands after a long day of work as it was very quick to make and yet very tasty and a little spicy!
For 4 Person(s)
For the Spaghetti:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup black olives pitted and cut in large chunks
- 28 ounces peeled tomatoes cut into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon capers cut in large pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic
- peperoncino (hot pepper)
- Add the extra virgin olive oil to a large saute` pan. Let the oil get warm and add the garlic.
- Saute` the garlic in the oil until it is lightly colored.
- Add the capers and the olives. Add peperoncino, as desired.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes at medium heat and then add the tomatoes and salt.
- Cook for about 10 minutes al low heat.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti Al Dente, when ready, pour spaghetti into sauce.
- Toss for 1-2 minutes and serve.
A Delicious quick and easy sauce. We really enjoyed it. Thanyou for providing the recipe on your sit...
See Full Review >> - Lipsys
Jan, in Naples it is done without anchovies. In Rome it is dome with anchovies! - rossella rago