Tuna Stuffed Peppers
Tuna Stuffed Peppers.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Peppers:
- 4 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium red onion, cut into a 1/2 inch dice
- 4 anchovy filets (optional)
- 6 ounces stale bread, broken up into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 10 ounces tuna fish packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
La Grande Famiglia Pasta Pack
Get it HERE!
- Get the Rio Tuna for Italy HERE
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the peppers on the sheet, cut side up.
- Drizzle the peppers with extra Virgin Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, add the bread to a bowl and cover with the milk. Let the bread soak as you prepare the other ingredients.
- Put a sauté pan over a medium flame and heat the 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the anchovies and break them up with a wooden spoon. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine the tuna, garlic, capers, oregano, parsley, eggs, pepper and salt. Squeeze the excess milk out of the bread and add it to the bowl. Mix everything together until we’ll combined.
- Divide all the filling among the peppers. Drizzle each pepper with a bit more oil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serge warm or even room temperature.