Turkey and Escarole Soup
Turkey and Escarole Soup... perfect for the day after Thanksgiving to take care of all the turkey leftovers.
This recipe is brought to you coursesy of Botticelli Foods.
For 6 Person(s)
For the Soup:
- 4 quarts water
- carcass of turkey
- 2 pounds escarole, washed
- 2 cups pulled turkey meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 medium potatpes, cubed
- 14 ounces Botticelli Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons Botticelli extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- In a large pot add the Botticelli extra virgin olive oil, the onion, the carrots, the celery and bay leaves. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Saute` all the ingredients for about 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the water, the potatoes and the Botticelli crushed tomatoes.
- Add the turkey carcass and the turkey meat.
- Cover the pot and boil for about 1 hour. Add the escarole.
- Once the escarole are cooked to your liking, serve with some parmigiano cheese if you like.
Please Follow me on Instagram!